Communiqué no. 72, October 1996
Now also available in Adobe Acrobat
pdf-format (157.9 Kbytes)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A new Taiwan into the UN
- "We frequently achieve the impossible"
- Why Taiwan is not part of China
- The UN: a "universal" organization ?
- Sixteen nations propose UN resolution
- Why the KMT's approach is still flawed
- Our appeal to the international community
- The Taiwanese say "yes"
- Foreign Affairs: A New Taiwanese nationalism
- The dangers of Chinese nationalism
- Missiles, radar, rocket
technology, and nuclear tests
- China conducts nuclear tests
- China helps Pakistan with rocket plant
- Will France sell military equipment to China ?
- China shops for radar in Israel and Great Britain
- The US Stinger sale to Taiwan
- Towards the "Fourth Party"
- "Taiwan Independence Party" to be formed
- The Trials of Trade with China
- Broken dreams of China profits
- President Lee steps on the brakes
- Major firms in Taiwan suspend China investment
- For a Taiwanese "Southern Strategy"
- Second Generation report
- Albert Hwang: "Let us redefine our future"
- European parliament adopts Taiwan resolution
- Taiwan on the Internet
- Culture, Festivals, and Folk Stories
Address: P.O. Box 15182, Chevy Chase, MD 20825 USA
Back to: Taiwan Communiqué home page
Last modified 28 September 1996