The Taiwan Green Ribbon campaign
The Taiwan Green Ribbon stands for:
- A free Taiwan! The right of the Taiwanese people to live
with dignity and determine their own future free from China's intimidation.
- Taiwanese are not Chinese. The right of the
Taiwanese people to affirm their identity, culture, heritage, and languages,
free from Chinese harrassment.
- Respect for human rights. Show your solidarity for peoples
everywhere fighting for justice, dignity and survival.
- GREEN is the color theTaiwanese associate
with their homeland, a subtropical island with plenty of green!
- GREEN reflects our love for the Taiwanese
soil which gives our people shelter, food and sustenance.
- GREEN also represents our commitment to
Taiwan's environmental protection for future generations in Taiwan.
Taiwan is not Hong Kong! Taiwan is a beautiful island country the
size of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island combined. Her peoples
(native aborigines, descendents of Fujianese and Hakka immigrants and more
recent Chinese immigrants) have struggled to form a democratic, prosperous and
We are Taiwanese, NOT Chinese.
We have our own languages, customs, history and traditions.
Support Taiwan's right to exist!
Taiwan is an international issue, not an "Internal Chinese"
Back to: Taiwan, Ilha Formosa home page
Last updated on 23 June 1997.